Saturday, April 27, 2013

Gambler's Dilemma


Gambler’s Dilemma

Heads up!
Won a buck.
Heads up!
Won a truck!
Royal Flush,
Won the game,
Blackjack, mates!
Just the same
Roulette once,
Black 52, honey!
Roulette twice,
Hand me the money!
Jackpot slots
A million dollars!
Livin large
With diamond collars.
Drink champagne,
Fancy plane
And all the sugarplums too.

Blackjack’s back,
But he won instead
Oh, well,
There goes my bed.
Poker players
Round my table
Lost my cars,
Horse and stable
Feeling down,
Takin’ shots
Drain thousands
Playin’ slots.
The roulette table
Not so kind
Playing, drinking
‘til I’m blind
Woke in alleyway
Bouncer-tossed
Check wallet,
To see what’s lost
Just a buck, no more
From the fortune I had before.


Heads up,
Won a buck.

Russian roulette, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment